THE GRATEFUL WIDOW

Hey!

How are you doing today? Just wanna share with you a story I stumbled on sometime ago, I trust you might enjoy it too...
A man worked at the post office. His job was to process mails with illegible address.One day, a letter came addressed in a shaky handwriting to God, with no actual address.Not knowing what exactly to do with it, he thought he should open it to see what it was about.The letter read:"Dear God, I am an 83years old widow, living on a very small pension.Yesterday, someone stole my purse. It had $100 in it ,which was all the money I had until my next pension cheque.Next Sunday is Christmas and I had invited two of my friends over for dinner.Without that money,I have nothing to buy food with.I have no family to turn to, and you are my only hope.The post office worker was touched.He showed d letter to all the other workers.Each one dug into his/her wallet and came up with a few $s.By the time he finished the round,he had collected $96,which they put into an envelope and sent to the woman.The rest of the day,all the workers felt a warm glow thinking of Edna and the dinner she would be able to share with her friends.Christmas came and went.A few days later another letter came from the same old lady
addressed to God.All the workers gathered to see the content.Dear God,I can never thank you enough for what you did for me? Because of your gift of love,I was able to fix a glorious dinner for my friends. We had a very nice day and I told my friends of your wonderful gift and loving kindness. By the way, $4 was missing. I think it must have been those bastards at the post office. It's up to you what their payback should be...

Now what do you say?
Feel free to pass it on...

Comments

Popular Posts