...Waiting for the Starting Gun Fire?

As we make progress in this year, let me share with you a few things I gleaned from a mentor that fired me up!
In the words of my mentor:
Have you ever seen a runner positioned in the starting blocks of a race?
Poised and ready--adrenaline flowing, muscles twitching--just waiting to shoot out of the blocks and go for the prize.
Ready to seize the destiny that awaits?

You've been waiting for the starting gun to fire. Waiting for the right moment to go after what God has put in your heart.

Consider this for a moment:
David ran after Goliath (1 Samuel 17:48)
The father ran after his prodigal son (Luke 15:20)
Peter and John ran toward the empty tomb (John 20:4)
Paul ran his race with perseverance (2 Timothy 4:7)
The Word of God shows us that when the time is right, you don't sit back--you surge forward.

There is not a moment to waste. Every second counts.

You may be thinking, how do I know when it's time to move?
Should I start running if I don't know where it will take me?
These are the same questions I had always asked until I gleaned this.
If you've been waiting to act, here is what we should remember:

"Faith propels you forward . . .
even when you can't see the finish line."

You may not know how it's going to work out, but God does. God's not asking us to set the course. He is simply asking us to run the race.

So what are you waiting for?
Today is the day you can begin to seize your destiny.

"God has a plan for you, and it's bigger than you think. It's better than you've imagined.
You'll experience God's best for your life
when you refuse to settle for anything less."

Don't sit back and watch life pass you by.
Make the decision today to set aside passivity,
take that first step in faith,
run after God and His plan for your life.

Comments

Popular Posts